TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF VW CAMPER HIRE NORTH WALES
FOR THE HIRING OF CAMPERVAN VEHICLES
CHARGE AND DRIVERS
- The hire charge will be the price set out in our quotation.
- Only persons named on the insurance policy at time of hire may drive the vehicle. Drivers must be over the age of 25 and under 75 and must have held a valid licence for at least 2 years. Age groups outside this bracket may be insured with an additional premium and this will be down to our insurer’s discretion.
- Driving licences with endorsements may be subject to a surcharge and must be declared before hire.
- Driving licence to be produced on collection of vehicle.
- On collection of vehicle, the hirer (being the person nominated as the hirer in our booking form) will need to provide one form of identification along with a recent utility bill (original only).
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided within the hire charge and for the hire period only, driving outside this period of cover would be deemed to be an offence under the Road Traffic Act. Furthermore, the hirer is entirely responsible for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
- The driver/s covered under the policy will be driving on a £500 excess.
- A damage deposit of £500 is to be pre-authorised prior to vehicle collection on a debit/credit card or can be paid by cash on the day of hire. In the event of damage to the vehicle (interior and exterior) or third party property the full £500 will be taken from the hirer to cover the insurance excess of £500. The hirer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the excess or any other amount due by the hirer in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the end of the hire period. Demurrage (loss of rental days whilst awaiting parts) will be charged to, and will be payable by, the hirer.
- The damage deposit will be released on the satisfactory return of the vehicle, being on time and in the same condition it was hired. Deductions will be taken from this deposit in respect of any damage, late returns and equipment replacement costs that are not covered under the insurance policy.
- It is advised that the hirer takes out separate travel insurance as no cover is provided for personal possessions.
- Any damage to tyres, windscreen and any theft or loss of personal effects is not covered by our insurance and shall be at the hirer’s expense.
- We must be notified if the hirer intends on leaving the country and failure to do so will invalidate the hirer’s insurance cover. A charge is made for travel to Europe and a list of acceptable countries is available upon request.
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, the hirer will:
- Notify us within 24 hours of the incident occurring.
- ;Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
- Complete an accident form as supplied by us.
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or any other like offer.
- •Assist us in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
- The hirer will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a changeover vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault. However, if no vehicle is available or our insurers refuse to offer further cover, then the hire will end with no refund of monies being due from us.
- Reservations can be made either by telephone, by fax, in person, by e-mail or through our website but will only be held until, and a contract will only come into existence once, a completed booking form has been received by any means with a booking deposit of 50% of the total hire cost. That contract will be a contract for passenger transport services in respect of leisure activities.
- Confirmation will be e-mailed within 7 days.
CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOW
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- Should the hirer cancel their confirmed booking more than 6 weeks prior to commencement of hire they will forfeit their booking deposit.
- Should the hirer cancel their booking between 6 and 2 weeks prior to commencement of hire, they will be charged 75% of the total hire cost.
- No shows and cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to commencement of hire will be charged the full hire cost.
- Please ensure you have the correct holiday insurance to protect yourself from any of the above situations.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to the collection of the vehicle or upon booking for short notice bookings made less than 42 days prior to the collection of the vehicle.
- A £500 damage deposit is to be pre-authorised on the day of collection from a debit/credit card.
- Payments can be made by debit/credit card or by bank transfer for the hire.
- The hirer hereby irrevocably authorises us to deduct from the card lodged against the damage deposit any amounts due from the hirer arising out of these terms and conditions and the hirer’s booking and contract with us. Such amounts shall include fines/penalties and administration charges incurred.
VEHICLE COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Collection is Monday and Friday 2.00pm.
- Return is Monday and Friday 11.00am.